Gallery Server Pro 3.0.0
Released June 1, 2013
Add a powerful gallery to any web site.
Friday, June 14, 2013:
Some users have reported trouble integrating 3.0 with their Active Directory architecture. Over the last couple of days I had time to fire up my AD virtual machines and dig into this. I have good news... Read more...
What's new in Gallery Server Pro 3.0?
- UI rewritten using modern HTML5/CSS3
- Resizable, dockable 3-pane layout
- New template engine lets you easily change the UI using only HTML/CSS skills
- Tagging support for media and albums
- Editable properties of media and albums
- Skinnable UI - ships with dark and light skins
- Two slide show modes - full screen and inline
- Looks great on any device - iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mac, Linux, and Windows
- Improved video encoding
- Improved sorting
How Gallery Server Pro works
- It's an ASP.NET web application: Install on your web server
or your web hosting company's server.
- Add your media files: You have choices: (1) Use the built-in
upload function. (2) Build your gallery by synchronizing to files in an existing
directory. (3) Upload a ZIP file containing multiple files and directories.
- Auto-thumbnails: Thumbnail and compressed images are automatically
created. EXIF, IPTC and other types of metadata are extracted and stored in the
- Data storage: Media object files are stored on the hard drive.
Metadata about these files, such as width, height, caption, etc. are stored in the
- Browser friendly: When web users browse your albums and media
objects, Gallery Server Pro queries the database for the necessary information,
and dynamically renders a custom web page. If watermarking is enabled, the watermark
is applied to the image before it is sent.