Organize and share your media files in your own online gallery
3.2.1, Released June 02, 2014
New in Gallery Server Pro 3.2
- New UI templates for tag/people trees and tag/people clouds (Enterprise edition)
- View recently added/top rated media (Enterprise edition)
- RSS/Atom support (Enterprise edition)
- Drag and drop sorting
- Faster loading of large albums
- Improved touchscreen support
- Metadata editing in virtual albums
- Improved upload page includes new thumbnail preview
- Latest version of libraries: Entity Framework 6.1, Plupload, jQuery, jQuery UI, jsTree, jsRender, Web.API, and more
- Many bug fixes
- No restriction on file types - supports all images, video, audio, and
- Automatically encodes images, video and audio to web-optimized
- HTML5 support for native video and audio playback of MP4, M4V, 3GP, MTS, M2TS, OGG, MOV, WEBM, MOOV, QT, MP3, M4A, WAV and OGA files
- AJAX enabled HTML/CSS presentation
- Built-in Flash and Silverlight video and audio players when HTML5 is not supported
- Tight integration with DotNetNuke users and roles for advanced security scenarios
- Community galleries - each user can manage their own gallery
- Customizable user interface
- Built on the same code base as the popular
stand-alone version of Gallery Server Pro, which has been around since 2005 and
has been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times!
- Looks great on all screen sizes, from smart phones to 30-inch monitors
- Powerful Enterprise features: RSS/Atom feeds, tag clouds, view highest rated and most recently added
* Video & audio encoding requires free GSP binary
Albums can contain ANY kind of media object
Native HTML5 video support with automatic fallback to Flash when required (light skin shown)
Photos and Images
- Supports ALL image types.
- Auto creation of bandwidth-friendly images with option to preserve
- Image metadata extraction. Supports these formats: EXIF, XMP, tEXt, IFD,
- New in 3.1: Auto-rotation based on orientation.
- New in 3.0: User-friendly tagging. Select multiple thumbnails by dragging or CTRL-clicking, then add a tag to update all at once.
- GPS data automatically extracted and linked to Google
- Auto thumbnail image creation of most image types, including
PhotoShop (PSD) and EPS images. (Some file types require the installation of the
free GSP binary pack)
- New in 3.0: Full screen slide show feature.
- Rotate images from within the gallery.
Beautiful image rendering. Convenient toolbar. Easily edit titles, tags, and other metadata.
Video and Audio
- Supports ALL video and audio types.
- Powerful, customizable encoding engine automatically creates
web-optimized video and audio files*
- For example, upload an AVI file and the encoder will create a highly optimized H.264 MP4 video that works in all modern browsers*
- New in 3.1: Auto-rotation based on orientation.
- Auto-thumbnail from video*
- Mobile support: Watch on your iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone
- HTML5 support for MP4, M4V, OGG, MOV, WEBM, MOOV, QT, MP3, M4A, WAV and OGA files. No browser plug-in required!
- Built-in Flash and Silverlight players automatically used when HTML5 is not supported (for example, IE 8 and earlier).
- Built-in DIVX support.
- Intelligent plug-in detection: Users missing a necessary plug-in
are automatically prompted to install it.
- Video/audio codec and duration is extracted and stored as metadata*
- Configuration settings let you customize the behavior (examples:
auto-start on page load, encoder settings, etc.)
* Requires free GSP binary
Here a WMV video has been converted to H.264 MP4, allowing it to play without a plug-in in most browsers and mobile devices.
Audio files use HTML5 audio tag when possible, falling back to a plug-in when required. Here we listen to an MP3 file in IE10.
- Supports ALL document types.
- Common document file types such as PDF, TXT, and HTML are rendered inside
the gallery using an iframe.
- Auto-thumbnail shows preview of actual file for PDF, TXT, and
HTML files (requires free GSP binary pack).
- Download button allows easy downloading of documents
Several file types, such as the PDF document shown here, render directly inside
- Any snippet of HTML can be added as a media object, allowing
for embedded videos from other websites such as YouTube, CNN, metacafe, etc.
- New in 3.0: Edit the HTML of existing items
attacks and other potential vulnerabilities.
Add video from YouTube and other sites.
- Simple and intuitive user interface.
- New in 3.0: Skinnable — Ships with light and dark skins that are easy to tweak to your specifications.
- Accurate thumbnails are created from nearly all file types, including videos.
Support for images includes all common types plus EPS, PhotoShop (PSD), PDF,
TXT, and HTML.
- Handy, thorough popup tooltips are everywhere. You may never
need to consult the 200+ page Admin Guide,
but it is there if you need it.
- Real-time feedback of file transfer progress as you upload files.
- Media properties — Customizable, editable list of properties appear in right pane.
- Video/audio metadata — View codecs, duration, and other information.
- Quickly find your media with the powerful built-in search engine.
- DNN search integration — Includes
built-in search engine that provides even more functionality than the DNN seach.
- Smart menus and toolbars adapt based on the user's authorization for the
- AJAX-enabled for faster UI and less postbacks.
- Multi-lingual ready — Resource files are used for all static
Choose from a light or dark skin, then tweak using the built-in CSS editor.
Shown is the light skin.
Thorough, built-in documentation
Menu and toolbar only allow actions the user has permission for.
Album and Media Object Management
- Automatic thumbnail and compressed image creation when you add your original
high-res images. No need to reduce or compress your photos first!
- Media library can be on the local hard drive or any UNC share, including
- Supports read-only views of your existing media collection.
- Media objects remain on the file system, reducing the database footprint
while providing maximum flexibility and performance.
- Sophisticated synchronization function allows Gallery Server Pro to recursively
search a designated directory on your hard drive for media objects, creating thumbnails
and compressed images along the way—very useful when getting started or adding
a lot of files!
- Powerful web-based management of albums and media objects, allowing you
to add, edit, and delete from any web browser.
- Flexible watermarking options—specify text and/or image file, size,
location and opacity. Watermarks are rendered on the fly as images are sent to the
user — the original files are unchanged.
- Dozens of built-in media templates provide optimized HTML rendering
for the most common media types and targeting specific browsers. Templates are fully customizable.
- Windows support: Imports titles, keywords (which are converted to tags), ratings and other information
added with Windows Explorer.
- Zip file support! Upload a single zip file, and Gallery Server Pro will
automatically extract the media objects. If the zip file contains nested directories,
albums are created to represent each directory.
- Titles and captions can contain HTML to support a rich UI.
- Sort album with drag and drop or on any property.
- New in 3.2:
- Move or copy objects and albums to other albums and galleries.
- Delete one or many objects from an album.
- Easily delete the original media files to recover disk space,
keeping only the compressed thumbnail and optimized file.
- Assign any image in an album to be the album's cover image.
- Customizable compression quality and dimensions for thumbnails and compressed
Powerful synchronize function quickly turns your directories and files into albums
and media objects.
Flexible watermarking safeguards your work while leaving original files untouched.
Use HTML in titles and captions to create visually impressive layouts.
Web Site Management and Security
- Gallery Server Pro installs quickly and easily.
- Gallery Server Pro installs as a SINGLE module
that is highly configurable.
- Support for zero-maintenance community galleries.
- Support for multiple galleries.
- Powerful security model integrates with users
and roles to provide a high degree of control to albums.
- Powerful security model integrates with DotNetNuke
users and roles to provide a high degree of control to albums.
- Dozens of configuration settings in an easy to use Site admin console.
- Built-in error handling and logging
- Regenerate thumbnails and compressed images on demand.
- Your choice of database: Zero-configuration, ACID-compliant
SQL CE database or Microsoft SQL Server for mission critical applications.
- 100% managed code written in C# and ASP.NET.
- Handles hundreds of thousands of media objects. Limited
only by hard drive space and internet bandwidth.
Setting up user albums (community galleries) is as easy as checking a box.
Give existing roles the desired access to the gallery or create new roles to handle
- DotNetNuke 5.0 or higher
- .NET Framework 4.5 or higher
- Application must run in Full Trust
- Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 or higher,
or a compatible web server
- Optional: SQL Server 2005 or higher, including the
free Express versions. It does not have to be installed on your server, but it must
be available on the network.
- Optional: SMTP server (required for e-mail functionality).
- Any modern web browser (IE 8+, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome)
Choose the license that best fits your needs. View license agreement.
Professional — Full functionality, unlimited number of media
objects, can be installed on unlimited number of portals in a single DotNetNuke
installation. No source code.
Enterprise — Includes all features of the Professional version,
plus source code.
Both versions include free upgrades to all 2.6.X releases.